Lutheran Student Center logo

Mission

Alumni and community

Subscribe to the Alumni Newsletter!

History of the LSC:

(1922) St John initiated campus ministry at the Iowa State Teachers College (later became UNI) in cooperation with other Lutheran congregations (monthly meetings, weekly chapel services on campus)

(1925) Rev. Herman Siefkes called by St. John and the synod to serve both the congregation and the ministry on campus

(1926) First building rented

(1929) Lutheran Student Association auxiliary formally incorporated, house on current site purchased

(1959) Call of first full-time campus pastor (Rev. Gustav Riggert)

(1985) Addition dedicated (worship space, gathering spaces, etc)

ArrowIcon BloggerIcon AimIcon DeliciousIcon PaperIcon EtsyIcon FacebookIcon FilmStripIcon FlickrIcon CameraIcon LaunchIcon GooglePlus2Icon GooglePlusIcon HeartIcon InformationIcon InstagramIcon LastfmIcon FrontCameraIcon LinkedInIcon EmailIcon MoneyIcon ItunesIcon MyspaceIcon OpenTableIcon PayPalIcon PencilIcon PersonIcon PhotoIcon PicasaIcon PinterestIcon PodcastIcon RssIcon ShoppingCartIcon SoundCloudIcon StarIcon TableProjectIcon TheCityIcon TumblrIcon Twitter2Icon TwitterIcon TypepadIcon VideoIcon VimeoIcon WordPressIcon YelpIcon YoutubeIcon