The Lutheran Student Center is a ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America striving to make disciples by encouraging community, spiritual growth, and service to the University of Northern Iowa.
History of the LSC:
(1922) St John initiated campus ministry at the Iowa State Teachers College (later became UNI) in cooperation with other Lutheran congregations (monthly meetings, weekly chapel services on campus)
(1925) Rev. Herman Siefkes called by St. John and the synod to serve both the congregation and the ministry on campus
(1926) First building rented
(1929) Lutheran Student Association auxiliary formally incorporated, house on current site purchased
(1959) Call of first full-time campus pastor (Rev. Gustav Riggert)
(1985) Addition dedicated (worship space, gathering spaces, etc)